Wednesday 27 June 2012

We have a winner!

Well, the final decision is in. And the winner of my competition to win a unique, hand-bound edition of my first book Joined-Up Thinking is my good friend Mo McFarland. Here's her winning entry.


The theme of the competition was '227'; it's the 'collar number' of Constable Colgan. I asked people pledging on my book to send me photographs, artwork, anything that, in some way, incorporated the number. Here are a few of the other excellent entries. Some were very inventive!






In case that last one is puzzling you, zoom in on the clock ...



Yup. Despite being on holiday, Laura Brown hung around to get the photo at 2.27pm. Impressive!

Quite a few of the entries were from friends and so, in fairness to them, I decided not to pick the winner myself. I wanted an independently decision. So I passed the buck to my publishers at Unbound and they viewed the photos - all anonymous - and made their decision.

So congratulations, Mo! As soon as the book is completed, I'll get it to you. It may take a few weeks as Amanda Slope is a wonderful book binder and her work is beautiful ... but time-consuming.

And if you didn't win this time, don't worry - there will be a new competition soon. And, of course, if you're pledging on my new book, you're already automatically in the draw to win the cover art painting.

What do you mean you're not pledging? Go and do it now! Help make Constable Colgan's Connectoscope a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment